Darwin, Australia – Recently, an Australian man woke up to a lingering itch in his ear that is later confirmed to be a 2 cm cockroach removed from his ear in a hospital after various failed attempts to treat himself.

cockroach

Mr. Hendrik Helmer, awoke on a Wednesday morning to a sudden pain on his right ear. Thinking it was just a poisonous spider that made its way to his ear canals, he tried to get rid of the unwelcome guest pestering in his ear by using a vacuum cleaner and by squirting amounts of water into his ear.

He later on gave up and defied his own efforts when his flatmate rushed him to the hospital in the northern city of Darwin by the time the pain became extremely unbearable. The doctors eventually tried to get the insect out of his ear by pouring oil down Mr. Helmer’s ear. However, the firsthand professional treatment made only the insect to crawl down even further before it eventually began to die.

Mr Helmer said, “Near the 10 minute mark… somewhere about there, he started to stop burrowing but he was still in the throes of death twitching.”

After several minutes of effort, the insect trespasser has been able to pull out of Hendrik’s right ear using forceps, only to be surprised it was a 2 centimeter cockroach.

Mr. Hendrik said in an interview of a local media, “They said they had never pulled an insect this large out of someone’s ear, whatever was in my ear didn’t like it at all.”

“She [the doctor] said, ‘You know how I said a little cockroach, that may have been an underestimate’,” he said as he became the topic of the news in that recent hour in the weird intruding of the pest in his ear.

Mr. Helmer told in an interview from the ABC that he was not in pain or any major uneasiness and would not be having any extra safety measures before going to bed.

But apparently, he and his flat mate were strongly advised by the doctors to sleep with their headphones on.

Source: KickerDaily