Manila, Philippines – The battle between outgoing Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim and Mayor-elect and former president Joseph Estrada is not yet over as they are set to continue their rivalry at the Supreme Court (SC).

Public Information Office chief and spokesman Theodore Te said that SC approved on Tuesday during its En Banc session the petition for intervention filed by Lim that would allow him to participate in the pending disqualification case against Estrada.

The Supreme Court, sitting in full court, also required Estrada to answer the petition for intervention of Lim.

Lim’s bid was consolidated with the case filed by certain Atty. Alicia Risos-Vidal who sought the cancellation of the certificate of candidacy of Estrada during the recently concluded election.

Vidal said that Estrada should not be allowed to run for any elective post due to the conditionality of the pardon granted to him by former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo following his plunder conviction on September 2007.

The commission on Elections (Comelec) however denied Vidal’s plea stating it had already ruled on the same issue with the disqualification case filed against Estrada when he ran for president in 2010.

Vidal filed for reconsideration but the Comelec denied her request on April 23 causing her to raise her case before the high court.

Estrada however said blocking his assumption into office on June 30 will dent the votes he received during the May polls.

Estrada won with 343,993 votes while Lim got 308,544 votes.