MANILA-The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) recently announced the 12 media entries which made it for this year’s Migration Advocacy and Media (MAM) Award on December 18, 6:00 p.m., at SSS Magsaysay Hall, Quezon City.
Besting other 37 entries from the US, Australia, Kuwait, and the Philippines, the winners according to their respective categories are:
1. Best Print Award (Article/Essay), Babala sa mga Nag-aaplay sa Abroad, by Evangeline Francisco, published by Abante Middle East Edition, Bahrain
2. Best Print Award (Book), My Filipino Connection: The Philippines in Hollywood, by Ruben Nepales, published by Anvil Publishing, Inc, Phil.
3. Best Print Award (Book), Tiis, Sipag at Tiyaga, by Raquel Delfin, published by Tatay Jobo Elizes, USA
4. Best TV Show Award (regular), Kabayan LA, Channel KSCI LA 18, hosted/produced by Janelle So
5. Best TV Show Award (Episodic), Krusada by ABS-CBN Channel 2/DZMM Teleradyo/ANC, hosted by Henry Omaga-Diaz
6. Best TV Show Award (Episodic), Reel Time: Batang Halau, by GMA News TV, Executive producer Eleazar L. Del Rosario
7. Best Film, A Mother’s Story, written by Senedy Que, produced by Raffy Lopez, and directed by John-D Lazatin
8. Best Documentary, TNT, Executive producer Nadia Marie Trinidad
9. Best Interactive Media ( Website), Australian Filipina (www. australianfilipina.com) , editor/publisher Michelle Baltazar
10. Best Interactive Media (Website), Filipino Australian (www. thefilipinoaustralian.com), editor/publisher Romeo Cayabyab
11. Best Interactive Media (Blog), Diary Ni Gracia (www.diarynigracia.com), editor/publisher Mary Grace Hizon (incidentally Ms. Hizon or Gracia Amor also writes for this online site Manila Channel)
12. Best Advertisement, Bida ang Pasko “On Duty”, ABS-CBN Channel, Global Ltd.
According to CFO chairperson Imelda M. Nicolas, the award aims to recognize the significant role of the media in raising public awareness on Filipino migration issues and promoting positive images of the Filipinos abroad.
Comprising its board of judges are the Philippine Migrants Rights Watch, MTRCB, NCCA, Presidential Communications Operations Office, National Press Club of the Philippines, International Association of Business Communicators, UP College of Mass Communication, and Blas Ople Center.
Already on its second year, the award is also given in line with the celebration of the month of overseas Filipinos and International migrants day in the country.