A Filipino domestic helper who overstayed in Hong Kong, attempted to end her life by drinking bleach on Tuesday, October 10.
According to the report, friends of Ann immediately took her to the hospital after gulping down a gallon of chemical and recording the act on video.
“Okay lang ako,wag kayo mag-alala” Ann posted on her facebook account. About four hours after she sent the video of her swallowing the gallon to a friend
Later, Ann posted in her native Ilonggo dialect that she was so depressed that she seemed to have lost her mind.
“Thank you gid sa kabalaka ninyo. May second life pa ako” (Thank you for your concern. I still have a second life), she added
The Filipina who can be seen in the video ingesting bleach lives in Cabatuan, Iloilo is a mother of three young girls. The caption on the video indicates that she had a fight with her husband last Sunday. A fellow Ilonggo who contacted the assistance to National Section of the Philippine Consulate General reported that Ann’s last contract ended in June this year.
She did not submit a new contract, proving that she has been staying in Hong Kong illegally since.
Ann is reportedly staying at a boarding house in Hong Kong’s Yuen Long district.
Reported by: Francia Kaye Uyvico and Chloe Anne Bual
// F. K.U