The National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) in cooperation with the Northwest Samar State University (NwSSU) announced this years’s fellows for the 9th Lamiraw Creative Writing Workshop which will be held on November 6-9, 2012 at Northwest Samar State University in Calbayog City, Samar.
The fellows are:
1. Michael Pecayo – Lapinig, N. Samar/University of Eastern Philippines
2. Rhoan Lucero-Orebia – San Antonio, N. Samar/UP Tacloban College
3. Corazon Castillo – Capul, N. Samar/UEP/Central 1 Elem.
4. Leonila Salazar – Capul, Northern Samar/UEP/Central 1 Elem.
5. Medora Nimfa Quirante – Borongan City, Eastern Samar/UP Cebu
6. Jessie Pomida – Dolores, E. Samar/Leyte Normal University
7. Adrian Barbo – Balangkayan, E. Samar/Eastern Samar State Univ.
8. Zarex Labro – Calbayog City/Christ the King College/City Arts & Culture Office
9. Patrick Sumampong – Calbayog City/Northwest Samar State Univ.
10. Luzcelda Luna – Calbayog City/Northwest Samar State Univ.
11. Colin Tupaz – Dulag Leyte/Leyte Normal University
12. Kenneth Alvin Cinco – Tacloban City/Leyte Normal University
13. Firie Jill Ramos –Tacloban City/ UP Tacloban
14. Dave Rondina – Capoocan, Leyte/Eastern Visayas State University
15. Michael Tantoy – Maasin City/St. Joseph College
16. Jenny Genoguin – Naval State University/Naval, Biliran
17. Roy Aragon – Dupax del Norte, Nueva Viscaya/St. Paul University
18. Vicente Raras – Camalaniugan, Cagayan /University of the Cordilleras
19. Irmina Torres – Pili, Camarines Sur/Ateneo de Naga
Now on its 9th year, the LCWW which is jointly funded by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) and Northwest Samar State University (NwSSU), fosters an inter-regional writers’ exchange and aims at cultivating and preserving regional languages, especially minority languages that are unrepresented and underserved.
This year’s panelists are Elizabeth Raquel (GUMIL Filipinas/NCLA Coordinator-Ilocos Region), Carlos Arejola (Kabulig Bikol Writers Association/NCLA Coordinator-Bicol Region), Phil Harold L. Mercurio (Katig-CALAO-ALAG Writers Inc./NCLA Coordinator-Eastern Visayas), Jerry Gracio (Katig Writers Network Inc.), Dante Rosales (CALAO Writers Inc.), Prof. Merlie M. Alunan and Dr. Victor N. Sugbo (UP Tacloban), Dr. David A. Genotiva (EVSU), and Dr. Priscilla Macansantos (UP Baguio/NCLA Chair) who is also the keynote speaker.
(With reports from NCLA Coordinator for Eastern Visayas, Mr. Phil Harold Lacaba Mercurio)