TACLOBAN CITY— Asian Development Foundation College graduate (ADFC) Rommel Rhino Edusma topped the Certified Public Accountant Board Examination 2014 despite of the traumatic experience during the hike of super typhoon Yolanda in November last year.
Edusma, 25, did not only pass the exam, but he aced it with a rating of 94.57 percent and became the first topnotcher produced by ADFC.
He said that Yolanda did not dampen his spirit. Instead, it strengthened his resolve to do well in the licensure exam so he can help his family as they consider him his top priority.
“I did not allow our bad experience with Yolanda to disturb me but rather used it to do better in our examinations. I know this will serve as an instrument for me to help my family,” Edusma said via Inquirer.
He, however, did not expect to top the board exam. After knowing the result, he made an immediate call to his family to inform them about it.
His father, Rustico, a retired soldier, and his mother, Flores, who suffers from a heart ailment, were overjoyed.
On the other hand, Edusma confirmed that he will be working in one of the largest companies in the Philippines but he is still planning to go back to Tacloban and teach at ADFC.
Meanwhile, Edward Chua, ADFC president, said that the honor that Edusma gave the school deserves a celebration.
The college held a thanksgiving mass Saturday for his feat.
The CPA topnotcher is expected to attend the ADFC’s 20th founding anniversary in October.
Top 10 CPA board passers
1. Rommel Rhino Catudio Edusma, Asian Development Foundation College – 94.57
2. Joanna Marie Lim Barrozo, San Beda College of Alabang (St. Benedict College) – 93.43
3. Ray Hamodi Balagbis Ngalot, University of San Carlos – 92.43
4. Orvile Perdon Rabino, Adventist University of the Philippines – 92.00
5. Joscel Barrio de los Cielos, Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan) – 91.57
6. Jamaica Perez Englis, University of San Carlos – 91.43
7. Ken Lester Tantiado Guillen, Polytechnic University of the Philippines (Sta. Mesa) – 91.29
Dann Karlo Alfaro Manzano, San Beda College – 91.29
8. Eros de la Rosa Herrera, San Beda College of Alabang Inc. – 91.14
Thomas Zachary Pineda Sarigumba, University of San Carlos – 91.14
9. Jo-Ann Herrera Mercado, Polytechnic University of the Philippines (Sto. Tomas, Batangas) – 90.86
10. Lyndon Giganto Asis, Southwestern University – 90.43
Adrian Caguete Enriquez, San Beda College – 90.43
-Jelly E. Caraan
LNU, ABCom Intern