Marlou Arizala, famously known now as Xander Ford, has been the talk online these past few weeks. The social media personality gained attention when he announced that he has undergone cosmetic enhancement procedure for his nose and chin earlier last month were in Doctor Samuel Eric Yapjuangco of The ICON Clinic was the one who operated him at the Marikina Doctors Hospital and Medical Center. His recovery was then documented by ABS-CBN show Rated K.
While he’s known as a social media personality, here are some of the interesting facts about Marlou Arizala before he became Xander Ford.
- He is the son of Mr. Aniceto Mabanto and Merly Arizala and currently staying at General Trias, Cavite Manila.
- He studied his primary level at San Francisco Elementary School while he graduated his secondary level at Governor Ferrer National Highschool.
- Marlou used to be a working student. He used to sell cigarettes to earn money for his school tuition fee and allowance but he stopped going to school. After dropping, he became the breadwinner of the family.
- Marlou, who has since changed his screen name to Xander Ford, was a former member of a boy band parody Hasht5 which means “Have A Succesful Honor and Talent” whose videos became viral in 2015. Aside from Marlou, the group also include Vincent Binocas, Cee Jhay Ellero, Jhimwell Macanlalay, and Erick Ebreo. Marlou and Vincent formed the group earning more than 243,000 likes on their facebook page. Before creating Hasht5, Marlou and Vincent were both members of a church choir. Marlou was also a part of their community theater group and attended several acting workshops. He also claimed he had experience in modelling. However, Marlou left the group in 2016 to lunch his solo career.
- Marlou, got his new name Xander when he watched a movie from the television entitled The Return of Xander Cage while he got his second name from his idol Daniel Padilla were in Daniel’s middle name is Ford. He decided to choose Xander Ford because it sounds very classy.
- He has appeared in several TV shows and even had a cameo in a movie. He appeared in ABS-CBN teleserye Dolce Amore starring Enrique Gil and Liza Soberano. He also appeared in Home Sweetie Home top billed by John Lloyd Cruz and Toni Gonzaga, and the GMA News TV program Day Off. Marlou even had a cameo in comedy movie Mang Kepweng Returns starring Vhong Navarro.
After Marlou’s new face was revealed on Rated K earlier this month, he gained a lot of issues involving him being boastful and rude. One of this was the video about him that went viral saying that Kathryn Bernardo does not deserve to be an FHM Model because of being bow-legged. Ogie Diaz, a comedian, took to facebook his dismay about the alleged boastful Xander Ford.
Xander, however, denied all these allegations of having attitude problem and claimed that this is just another form bullying.
While there are a lot of people who judge Xander for undergoing facial reconstruction, he is however, proud about it and even claimed that it made him even more comfortable of himself and with how he brings himself.
Indeed, there is nothing wrong about changing oneself as long as it makes you happy and as long as you are stepping on other people. What Xander need to keep in mind is to keep his feet grounded despite him being handsome and even more popular.
Reported by: Hennah Bagalan and Regine Burce