You’re single and it’s Valentine’s Day. Your colleagues are dating, your friends are having fun with their beaus and you’re all alone, at home.
While it doesn’t sound too good, you should still be happy and consider this day as the usual, ordinary day that you always have. Besides, need I remind you how being single makes you feel free and wild? How it keeps you being a public temptation and a one-hot single person around?
Well, if these are not enough, we have here a rundown of quotes that will keep you going and sane during heart’s day!
1. “I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude.” – Henry David Thoreau
2. “You’re single not because you are not good enough for one, it’s that you’re too good for the wrong one.” – Chris Burkmenn
3. “Valentine’s Day is for couples. Us SINGLES have the other 364 days of the year to enjoy ourselves!” – Anonymous
4. “Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.” – Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) on “Sex and the City.”
5. “Don’t try to fit your life into a day. It’s only Valentine’s Day, not a lifetime.” ― Buky Ojelabi
6. “Now I’m feeling how I should. Never knew single could feel this good.”– Jason Derulo
7. “Too many women throw themselves into romance because they’re afraid of being single, then start making compromises and losing their identity. I won’t do that.” – Julie Delpy
8. “Instead of celebrating Valentine’s Day this year, I’m celebrating Discount Chocolate Tuesday.” – Unknown
9. “Happy phony, romanticized, overly commercial, sucks to be single, pretend that it’s love, day!” – Unknown
10. “Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies.” – Carrie Bradshaw in “Sex in the City”
11. “Being single is pretty good. It’s a nice sense of irresponsibility.” – Michael Douglas
12. “My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.” — Rodney Dangerfield
13. “Being single isn’t the cause of loneliness, and marriage is not necessarily the cure. There are many lonely married people as well.” – Renee Jones
14. “By persistently remaining single, a man converts himself into a permanent public temptation.” ― Oscar Wilde
Oh the perks of being single! Happy heart’s day everyone!